Board of Commissioners
The ATA is governed by a 10-member Board of Commissioners, five from Missouri and five from Kansas. Commissioners are limited to two consecutive four-year terms. Responsibility for the management, control and operation of the Authority and its properties is vested in the Board. The Board exercises its responsibility by adopting all general policies of the Authority, including the adoption of annual capital and operating budgets, the establishment of the goals of the Authority, and the selection of a President/CEO. The Board may delegate certain duties and responsibilities to the President/CEO for the management and operation of the Authority.
Daniel Serda, Chairman, Kansas City, Kansas - email
Kansas City Catalytic Urban Redevelopment (KC CUR) Project Manager, Local Initiatives Support Corp.
David Bower, Vice Chairman, Jackson County, Missouri - email
Melissa Bynum, Secretary, Wyandotte County, Kansas - email
Unified Government Board of Commissioners, Executive Director of Shepherd’s Center of KCKS
Jim Allen, Johnson County, Kansas
Second District Commissioner, Johnson County Commission
Nancy Bauder, Leavenworth County, Kansas
Gary Mallory, Cass County, Missouri - email
Owner, Governmental Professional Service Management, LLC
Anne Post, Kansas City, Missouri
Senior VP, USA, Xakia Technologies
Joe Peterson, Kansas City, Kansas
Former Bonner Springs City Council member, Transportation Industry
Thomas E. Sims, Clay County, Missouri - email
Board of Commissioners Meetings
The Board of Commissioners meets monthly, on Wednesdays.
Most 2018 meetings willl be in the Breen Administration Building, 1200 E. 18th Street, Kansas City, Mo., 64108. Meetings begin at 12:00 p.m. See below for variations to the schedule.
Schedule of meetings for 2018:
- January 24 - Agenda - Actions - SAF Agenda
- February 28 - Agenda - Actions
- March 28 - Agenda - Actions
- April 25 - Agenda - Actions
- May 23 - Agenda - Actions
- June 6, Public Notice - Agenda
- June 27 - Agenda
- July 25 - Agenda - Agenda with attachments - Actions
- August 22 - Agenda - Agenda with attachments - Actions
- September 26 - Agenda - See Agenda page for Agenda with Attachments - Actions
- New Date and Time: October 30, 10 a.m. - Agenda - See Agenda page for Agenda with Attachments - Actions
- November 28 - Agenda - See Agenda page for Agenda with Attachments - Actions
- December 19 - Agenda - See Agenda page for Agenda with Attachments
Meetings are held in the Large Conference Room of the Howard C. Breen Administration office.
Strategic Planning Session
- August 29 - Notice - Session will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Union Station, World Trade Center, 2nd Floor Conference Room.
See agendas for meeting location.
Economic Development, Held quarterly, 10 a.m.
Finance, Held every third Tuesday, 3 p.m.
- January 16 - Agenda
- CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER: February 20
- March 20 - Agenda
- April 17 - Agenda
- CANCELLED: May 15 Finance Standing Committee Meeting Cancelled
- June 19 - Agenda - Agenda with Attachments
- CANCELLED: July 17 Finance Standing Committee Meeting Cancelled
- August 21- Agenda
- CANCELLED: September 18 Finance Standing Committee Meeting Cancelled
- October 16 - Agenda
- CANCELLED: Novemeber 20 Finance Standing Committee Meeting Cancelled
- December 18 - Agenda
RideKC Development Corporation
- To be determined
Kansas Commissioner Appointment Process
From the inception of the ATA in 1965 until 2000, the Governor of Kansas appointed commissioners, subject to confirmation by the State Senate and the Kansas Commissioners representing Johnson and Leavenworth counties. In 2000, the process was changed so that these two commissioners are now appointed by their respective county commissioners. The other three Kansas commissioners, representing the Wyandotte County jurisdiction, have always been appointed by the Mayor of Kansas City, Kansas, now known as the Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, Kansas. However in 2000, the process changed to include a requirement that these appointments must be approved by the City Commissioners.
Missouri Commissioner Appointment Process
The Kansas City, Missouri, Mayor appoints three of the five Missouri Commissioners, including a direct appointment that must be a Kansas City, Mo., resident. The Clay and Platte County Commissioners will each submit a list of three eligible candidates for the Mayor's consideration. The Jackson County Executive appoints a Commissioner from a community, other than Kansas City which contracts with KCATA for service. The other Missouri Commissioner must reside in Cass County, be nominated by that county's commission, then be appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the State Senate.
2017 Board of Commissioner Meetings:
- January 25 - Agenda - Actions
- February 22 - Agenda - Actions
- March 22 - Agenda - Actions
- April 26 - Agenda - Actions
- May 24 - Agenda - Actions
- June 28 - Agenda - Actions
- July 26 - Agenda - Actions
- August 23 - Agenda
- August 28, Public Notice - Agenda - Actions
- September 27 - Agenda - Actions
- October 4, Public Notice - Agenda
- October 25 - Agenda - Actions
- November 15 - Agenda - Actions
- December 20 - Agenda - SAF Agenda - Actions